How you apply for a place at Longdean School varies depending on whether your child is making the transition from primary, moving from their school in-year or applying for a place in our sixth form. Longdean’s school admissions number (PAN) is 802. For details of how to apply and other admissions arrangements, see below.

Joining Longdean
If your child is in Year 6 of primary school and you would like to apply for a place for them at Longdean School for Year 7, please follow the Hertfordshire County Council applications process. If your child has already been allocated a place and will be joining us from September, visit our Joining Year 7 pages on the website to find out more.   

In-year admissions
If your child is currently in any other year at another school and you would like to apply for a place at Longdean, click here to fill in the admissions form. If there are no vacancies, your child will be placed on a waiting list according to the published criteria. Once your application has been processed, you will need to provide proof of your address.

For more details on in-year application rules, visit Hertfordshire County Council’s website

Sixth-form admissions
If your child is in Year 11 at Longdean and wants to stay on for our Sixth Form, please use our internal form on which they can indicate  the subjects they want to study. Or if they are at another school and want to apply for a place at Longdean Sixth Form, please complete our external form.

Admissions criteria
The admissions criteria for 2021-2022 can be found in the school’s admissions policy.

Oversubscription details
Details of the school’s oversubscription criteria can be found in Appendix 1 of the school’s admissions policy.

Parents who applied through Hertfordshire online system for a place at Longdean and who wish to make an appeal should log on to their online application and click on the Register an Appeal link. Out-of-county residents and applicants who applied on paper should call the Hertfordshire County Council's customer service centre to request their registration details, then log into and click on the Log into the Appeals System link. Parents wishing to appeal should write to the Clerk to the Trustees at the school.