Art and Design with Fashion BTEC First Award
Board: Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Art and Design
This is a course with a fashion focus specialism with an Art and Design specification. There are three school based units and an external unit set by the exam board.
- Every project will be linked to a vocational scenario.
- You will begin by being introduced to a variety of art specialism and skills such as painting and drawing, photography, computer design, illustration, printmaking and textile specific skills.
- You will then work to a brief which will have a specific fashion focus. The work will be predominately 2 dimensional and will emphasise design skills.
- You will also be taught how to create a professional portfolio and present this to a group of people. This will be an assessed task.
- Finally a project will be set by the exam board and the final outcome will be done under supervised conditions in a 10 hour period.
- You will be assessed continuously throughout the course and tracked against specific objectives at Pass, Merit and Distinction level. Homework is an important part of the course and contributes to coursework grades.
- There is an Art Club every week after school to support you with your coursework.
- There are many things you can go on to do with a BTEC in Art & Design/Fashion. You could go on to take an A Level in Art or a level 3 course. You might wish to go into a job where it is useful to have had experience of art, craft and design. These might include careers in such fields as advertising, marketing, design, architecture, interior design, the fashion industry, textile design, publishing and the media.
Longdean can offer:
- Specialist teachers in textile design with industry experience.
- Batik, silk screen, embroidery, sewing machines, image transfer etc.
- Digital photography, Illustrator, Ipad Pros and Apple pencils
- Research Library
- Resource area
- ICT support
- Technician support